Meezan Bank Limited, Pakistan’s leading Islamic Commercial Bank, operating with a network of 600+ plus branches in over 150 cities across the country, is seeking applications for the position of Area Manager from individuals meeting the following criteria:
- At least 10 years of professional experience in banking including 2 years of relevant experience at a similar level position in a comparable organization.
- A Master’s degree in banking-related discipline from a reputable University/Institute recognised by HEC.
- The candidate should not be more than 45 years of age on the date of advertisement. However, an exception on the basis of experience or special qualifications may be made.
- Area Manager is the principal representative of Head Office at the field.
- Area Manager will be responsible for identifying potential business opportunities in his/her jurisdiction.
- Periodic visit to all branches for the purpose of ensuring controls and engagement with staff and customers and to document the minutes of meetings with concerned Branch Manager and Regional Manager.
- Follow-up meetings with Branch Managers and Operation Managers to discuss, share the ideas and progress related to business development.
- Ensure timely rectification/compliance of audit and CAD observation and to monitor the audit ratings and take actions required to improve the rating.
- Ensure timely submission of reports/data required by Group/Regional Office, Head Office and regulatory authorities.
- Intimate targets allocated to branches, monitor the performance and maintain updated MIS indicating periodic targets variance.
- Keep Higher Management informed of prevailing situations and adverse/abrupt changes in operating conditions either internal/external.
- Ensure proper placement & rotation of staff following the directives of Head Office and State Bank of Pakistan.
- Ensure staffs are professionally equipped, motivated & well-versed with Islamic Finance knowledge as well as Meezan Bank’s products.
- Monitor overdue Financing/Classified/Litigation cases (if any) in the Area branches and take remedial actions in coordination with Legal & other relevant departments.
- Modify, review and strengthen assets & liabilities portfolio to achieve growth and closely monitor performance of accounts & ensure that the branch achieves optimized results.
- Monitor expenses within budgeted targets, their approvals and rationale.
- Monitor and supervise the core segment of business and operations of the assigned area.
- Ensure the credit proposals received from the branches are in line with SBP Prudential Regulations, Bank’s credit policy and obtain approval from relevant authorities.
- Achievement of month on month business budget.
- Follow-up with the authorities for timely expedition of approvals, pursuing the branch to strictly comply with the approval terms and conditions of credit proposals.
- Ensure that the accounts are renewed/ reviewed before the expiry and securities are in line with the approved credit proposals along with Post Mortgage Legal Opinions and market check of the clients/borrowers.
- Represent the bank in business community and Government circles to enhance its market standing and reputation.
- Supervise the implementation of new products launched or new systems introduced to support the Bank’s strategic goals.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent credit skills
- Strong communication and customer service skills
|Place of Posting:
||June 15, 2018