Mr. Riyadh S.A.A. Edrees (Chairman) – Profile
January 1st, 2020
Mr. Riyadh S.A.A. Edrees has been a Director of Meezan Bank since October, 2012. In addition to being the Chairman of the Board, he is also Chairman of the Human Resources, Remuneration & Compensation Committee and IFRS 9 Implementation Oversight Committee of the Board and a member of the Information Technology Committee. Mr. Riyadh has also previously served as the Vice Chairman of Meezan Bank’s Board.
Mr. Riyadh S.A.A. Edrees holds a B.Sc. degree in Chemical Engineering from Newcastle Upon Tyne University, U.K., and M.Sc. in Chemical Engineering from Kuwait University. His skills and experience encompass a wide range of industries and various roles which include:
- Deputy CEO, National Industries Group Holding – Kuwait.
- Chairman, Meezan Bank Limited – Pakistan.
- Board Member, Sahara International Petrochemical Co. (SIPCHEM) – KSA.
- Chairman, Middle East Complex for Engineering, Electronics and Heavy Industries Co. – Jordan
- Chairman & CEO, Ikarus Petroleum Industries Co. – Kuwait.
- Board Member, Privatization Holding Co. – Kuwait.
- Board Member, Noor Financial Investment Co. – Kuwait.
- Chairman, IT Partners Information Technology Co. -Kuwait.
- Board Member, Combined National Industries Holding Co. for Energy – Kuwait.
- Board Member, Al Durra National Real Estate Co. – Kuwait.
- Chairman & CEO, Gas & Oil Fields Services Co. – Kuwait.
Other Recent Offices held:
- Vice Chairman, for Airport International Group Co. – Jordan.
- Board member at Kuwait Rock Co. – Kuwait.
- Vice Chairman at Eastern United Petroleum Services Co. – Kuwait.
- Kuwait Ceramic Co.- Kuwait.
- Director at Sajaa Gas Private Limited Co. – UAE.
- United Gas Transmissions Company Limited Co. – UAE.
- Advisory Board Member, Markaz Energy Fund – Kuwait.
- Chairman at K-Electric Co. – Pakistan.
- Board Member in Investment Committee of Bunyah Fund of the Kuwait Investment Co. – Bahrain.
- Advisory Board Member, Cleantech I & II Zouk Venture Limited – U.K.